OLYMP Ties - Wear and care instructions
• After the tie has been worn, the knot should always be undone and the tie should be rolled up and stored in a wardrobe to allow recovery from creasing. Ties which are hung up will wear more quickly.
• In order to maintain the shape of the tie, we always recommend that after a tie has been worn, it should not be worn again for at least a day.
• If necessary, more severe wrinkles or creases which do not disappear after this time, can be very carefully ironed or steamed out. When the tie is ironed, the iron must not be too hot and must not come into direct contact with the delicate outer fabric. For this reason, a dry cloth should be placed in between to minimise the impact from the weight of the iron.
• Alternatively, the tie can be hung in the damp atmosphere of a bathroom during or after a shower.
• OLYMP ties have a BIONIC-FINISH® ECO which provides increased protection against dirt and stains. In many cases, aqueous substances such as coffee or wine can simply be shaken off or dabbed off the tie without leaving any remaining residue.
• Stubborn stains can be removed using a soft cloth soaked in spirit or cleaner's solvent. Please note that the stain should be removed by carefully dabbing the fabric and not by rubbing.
• Dry cleaning can be an option, but only as a very last resort, as there is a risk that the interlining could become distorted and the tie could lose its shape and volume. The nanofinish could also be affected and lose its protective function.
• When travelling, ties can be transported either in a special case/box or rolled up and placed in the spaces between the individual garments or in the collars of shirts.